Cleaning with Care
Our technician will walk with you through your home paying close attention to any areas of concerns ( trouble spots ). After identifying the carpet or Upholstery condition and type of fibers, we can select the specific cleaning formula to clean the fibers. This chemistry is the most important part in the synergy of our cleaning process.
We power vacuum your carpets, lift the pile and dry extract all loose soil, particulates, dust and allergens.
We apply our soil lifting formula to the all areas being cleaned. Our specialized cleaning formula breaks down the dirt, oils, sugars and other sticky substances
Deodorizing/Sanitizing Agent (Optional)
We recommend applying a deodorizer/sanitizer to the carpet to eliminate any pet odors as well as any other odors caused by bacteria leaving your carpet fresh and clean.
To deep clean your carpet & upholstery we use our Low-Moisture Encapsulation Technology to organically clean the fibers by extracting dirt, stains, odors and allergens from your carpet & upholstery from the bottom up while complying with manufacturers’ recommendations and warranty requirement.
Apply Carpet Protection – 3M Scotchgard (Optional)
To extend the life of your carpet & upholstery cleaning services we recommend that a protector be applied. This will help keep the fibers cleaner longer.
Carpet is then professionally groomed to set the piles and will be completely dry and ready to use in (about 30 mins -2 hours). In less than an hour followed up with a complete inspection with you to ensure you are Satterfield with your clean carpet.
We will walk with you through your home again to make sure all spots, stains, and traffic areas have been thoroughly cleaned. During the post-inspection we will go over the job with you and note any suggestions for the future that will help improve the life and cleanliness of the fibers as well as answer any questions you might have once the job has been completed.
Based on the recommendations implemented by the CDC and EPA, we are also taking the following steps to help reduce the potential spread of COVID-19:
- Equipment Disinfection: We’ve updated our cleaning and disinfection regimes for all equipment used in the cleaning process. Technicians are expected to fully disinfect their equipment after each appointment.
- Vehicle Touch-Point Disinfection: At the end of the day, technicians are expected to disinfect any touch-points within their vehicles.
- Uniform Laundering Protocol: At the end of the day, technicians are expected to fully launder their uniforms.
- Safety Standards: Technicians are expected to follow social distancing requirements; to avoid touching things in the customer’s home unless necessary; to wash their hands or use a hand sanitizer at the start and end of every appointment; and to wear personal protective equipment like gloves, shoe covers, and a cloth mask.
- General Guidance: Technicians are expected to follow any additional guidance or requirements from the CDC and their local health departments. This includes avoiding touching their faces; washing their hands for twenty seconds if they blow their noses, cough, etc.; using hand sanitizers; self-monitoring, etc.
Through these steps, we hope to do our part in keeping technicians healthy and our customers and their homes safer and cleaner.